Saturday, September 22, 2012

Thanks, Brent, for the Good News

It was wonderful to see Brent Pederson again the other day.
Really wonderful!

Brent and his wife (and his mother-in-law) came to play golf.

So what's so special about that?
Everything!

Brent said to me after their golf round:  "You know, your neighbour Todd Schwartz, was in my barber shop the other day and I asked him 'how are 'things' going with the golf course next door'?"

I held my breath at that.

Are you sitting down?

Brent smiled at me as he replied:  "Todd said to me 'it's perfect now, no problems at all'."

For the first time since the troubles began--and there were many, many challenges--I actually felt a weight removed from my shoulders that had been present for years (and frequently resurrected in the media, public hearings, and with the municipality's mayor, etc.)

Thank God, I thought.

"The neighbour could've picked up the phone and told you that himself," admonishes Kia, unimpressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share YOUR thoughts here...