Sunday, February 3, 2019

Winter Arrives


...with a vengeance!
Woke up this morning to the sound of the furiously flapping firewood tarp.
Quickly shut the bedroom window because it was C O L D.

Holy Toodles!

Makes us all realize how nice the last four months were!  October 2018 was warm and mostly sunny (certainly nicer than September), November was cooler but not bad, December was wonderful especially when we received some snow for Christmas festivities.  And January was relatively mild, with the coldest here at about -6C, little snow.

Grandson is happy as a clam, and loves his ski lessons on Silver Star.

Grandson listening to his instructor during ski lessons last winter

The only downside is that he's getting older wayyyyyy too quickly.

He'll be attending school this September!

Our lil man...

We're not getting any older though!  GRIN

Quickly filled the bird feeders and got back indoors.  I feel for the Robins that have already returned, hopefully they'll find the suet feeder.  The Quail were huddled under an overhang, but they're fed now.

And I always feel for pets and wildlife when it's cold.
I can't imagine why people would leave their trusted companions--dogs--outdoors, barking and barking.  Truly sad what goes on at some people's acreages.

I frequently think of our dear Kia's life with us.
She loved to curl up at my feet (often on my feet) in the family room.
And I will see her there in my mind's eye forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share YOUR thoughts here...