Monday, April 22, 2019

Now You Know How Residents Feel


Funny (not really) when government rules affect government people!

"We have a bunch of bureaucrats
 on a power trip
 telling me how to develop my property,"
Rick Fairbairn 


It appears that Regional District of North Okanagan directors are ALSO impacted by changes to rules that govern the Agricultural Land Reserve. 

Castanet news, on Monday April 22nd, wrote a story in which it was stated by Rick Fairbairn, a rancher and rural Lumby director, that "we have a bunch of bureaucrats telling me how I can develop my property."

"This is hurting family farms."
  Eric Foster

Even Vernon-Monashee MLA Eric Foster got in on it, adding:  "This is hurting family farms. It makes it difficult for families to stay together," said Foster, noting additional residences will not be allowed, and neither will detached suites and manufactured homes for family members.  And for principal residences, the total floor area must not exceed 500 square metres.


"We have a bunch of bureaucrats on a power trip telling me how to develop my property," said Rick Fairbairn, a rancher and rural Lumby director.




As the saying goes, "no sh.t, Sherlock!"
Now do you see how all you elected people impact residents...especially residents with acreages?

You should...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share YOUR thoughts here...