Friday, July 18, 2014

How Many Trailer Drivers Does It Take?


...to prove the new Tourism Booth, smack-center in downtown Vernon, is a mistake, its location chosen for the wrong reasons.

Interesting letter today from Paul Elmont:


"New Location Fails Trailer Test:

Hey Vernonites, I'm not laughing and I don't think you will either.  

Please take a drive, see for yourself and make a difference before it's too late.

I drive a one-ton truck with a fifth-wheel trailer and I consider my driving skills to be better than adequate.  I took a drive the other day to see what a tourist would be faced with at our new tourism information centre.

I am positive the decision made to close down the north and south info centres was based strictly on money.

The decision was definitely not made by someone who actually pulls a trailer.

The next time you take your trailer out, please try out our new info center.  I need to say no more.
At the very least, just drive into the info centre with your truck and envision pulling a trailer.

Please stop the people in city hall in Vernon, who actually work for us, from wasting our money and upsetting the tourists who come here.

It never seems to matter what we say.  City hall just does what it wants.

By the way, what is gong to happen to the old info centres?

Is private business waiting in the wings for some of the most lucrative real estate entering our city?"

Paul Elmont

"Maybe tourists need more than five wheels," offers Kia.

Heaven forbid a 16-wheeler needs directions...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share YOUR thoughts here...