Monday, January 4, 2016

Loading the Bases


...the water base rate, that is.

While doing our family's year end paperwork, a couple of figures jumped out.

The residential base rate for GVW water for the 1st Q of 2014 was $80.50
The residential base rate for GVW water for the 1st Q of 2015 was $99.80
The residential base rate for GVW water for the 2nd Q of 2015 was $101.80 (water rate increases were effective April 1st...but as of 2016, increases are effective January 1st!)

Because they can.
How nice for Greater Vernon Water.


That's a  26.45962732919254  per cent increase in base rates in 15 months!



Simple...if you're Greater Vernon Water


"They're kicking themselves they didn't think of the standard calendar year a long time ago," offers Kia.

...and to think I'm sitting here waiting for the year end water consumption invoices to arrive (so I can finish my paperwork).
I don't think I want to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share YOUR thoughts here...