Thursday, July 16, 2020

Nice People Make a Crappy Day Wonderful


On my way to the garbage dump on Hwy 97 this morning, I heard a POP and the flat tire light lit on the dashboard.  Luckily I was in the slow lane, about 100 yards from the S Clerke turnoff, so I pulled onto that road.

I thought I needed to be towed back to town, so phoned Vernon Towing (thank goodness for cellphones...) and spoke with a lovely and helpful--and very understanding--lady named Dawn.  She said someone would be along to help me shortly.  Within 20 minutes, the tow truck arrived, and a nice fellow named Rick said it wasn't necessary to tow me to town. 

Said he knew where my spare was--and all the tools to lower it (on its chain) from under the truck box (tools are under the back seat...who knew?!?  not me!)  He found the lug nut tool in my glovebox and within a few minutes, had the old tire off (using his trusty jack), and the new one on.


This company is my first choice...from now on!


Rick, a great guy...sure knows his stuff!



It wasn't an hour and I was on the road back to town...to OK Tire.  The Vernon Towing charge was only $70.00.  Great service and not expensive.  Thanks to Dawn at Vernon Towing Dispatch, 250.545.2311.

I had called Luke at OK Tire to say I would likely be towed in, and he said he'd be ready for me.
He wasn't surprised when I arrived without being towed in...and within half an hour, Luke's friendly crew also found all the tools under the seat, lug nut tool in the glovebox, and had the old tire repaired, saying it was still good luckily after flat repair.  Flat repair only $28.00.  Again, great service and not expensive.

These great people made a really crappy day so much better...

Whew...

One thing:  Beware of the slow lane on Hwy 97 on the way to the garbage dump.  I think people's trucks heading to the dump may--and probably do--lose nails and screws occasionally.

Stay in the fast lane as a precaution against flat tires.

Oh yeah...I never did make it to the garbage dump today!
Tomorrow maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share YOUR thoughts here...