Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Google Gods II


And, as the saying goes, the Devil's in the details.

Blog problem all started after the last post, and I wish I knew someone who could explain to me what the hell is going on. 

The first message I received from Google when trying to access my blog:



As it turns out, I had a long-ago Gmail address, but that address didn't have permission to access my blog.  And I couldn't use the ...telus.net address because of the "...an organization has reserved this telus.net address" info to allow my long-ago Gmail address to get that permission to access my blog.

So I was dead in the water.

Google, after me getting very very angry, advised there are two existing Google Accounts for me.  One is a G-suite account, "an account owned by telus.net". 
And the other is a Personal Google Account, (the old Gmail address that was unused, and had no permission).

Thinking I could use that old Gmail address, change the password, and use it to access my blog, I tried that.  Bloody thing didn't work.

Then I received a temporary account:  (barbara_mitchell%telus.net@gtempaccount.com).

So after I completed tons of questions on this (new) Gmail (but temporary) account, it appears I might be getting ALL my emails on that?  time will tell.  I tried to contact Telus to find out what the hell is going on and why they "own" my old email address in a "G Suite account", that is inaccessible to me!  But there's no way to contact anyone at Telus without waiting on hold for an hour.  Yes, that's correct.

But...PRESTO, there's my blog and I am in!!!!  Yahoooooo!  Ooops, that's a bad word in Google's world.  Yippeeeeeee then!

Now I'll have to check and see if--after I post this and sign out--whether I can get back into my blog.
Will have to delete the very old Gmail address and use only the new one.

And then I have Google Blogger's "new" rolled out Blogger format to switch to...(gawd, give me strength!)

Okay...in case I can't get back in, I wanted to post some stormcloud photos...we've had a whack of rain in the last 4 days...and in May/June generally!  Almost an inch of water in the raingauge from the last 24 hours.





So...finally photos loaded.
Now to sign out...oh oh.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share YOUR thoughts here...