Monday, May 4, 2015

No Fire Hydrant Leak


My brain still remembers the bureacrats' dire warnings about private fire hydrant owners who may be using water because their hydrants are leaking....

So it was with considerable interest I pulled over to speak to the operators on this Buchanan Road water repair the other day.

The repair proximity to the public fire hydrant caught my attention.

Turns out I was just a nosy old neighbour as both operators said the adjacent resident's service connection had sprung a leak, which was quickly repaired.

Very courteous and polite operators!

"You should've asked why the public hydrants get a nice little red flag," grins Kia, "and your 'private' hydrant does not."

Now that RDNO is actually employing my long-sought principle of "procedural fairness" on private and public hydrants, gotta get me a little red flag...whatever its significance is.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share YOUR thoughts here...