Thursday, November 10, 2016

Need Another Room to Pile It


...just so I don't get another "note" from the recycler/driver.


Since the recycling system collects only every two weeks--and I only put recycling out once a month--there are 4 weeks of recycling in the blue bins...all of which is acceptable (no rejected containers or packaging, or illegal items in the tiny world of the recycling industry).

But I toss stuff into the blue bins (located in the garage) as--and when--containers are emptied in the house through cooking etc. 
So it's only natural that there may be some items somewhat mixed up in the blue box.
Otherwise I'd have to have numerous loose piles in my laundry room--which I vehemently refuse to do--and then on the morning of recycling, I would have to selectively load into the required categories the items in the order they want.


To be fair, the driver DID take all my recycling, despite the green--slap on my wrist--note stating they had been unable to collect it today, so thank you.

And, yes, he left a RDNO brochure about the partnership with Emterra Environmental and MMBC.

Notice anything?  hmmmm.

Notice anything about the recycling guide brochure the driver left? 
Yup...it's got plastic overwrap.

Plastic overwrap isn't allowed by our recycling program (if you can call it a program), and the plastic overwrap has to be taken to a separate depot.

So...anybody else have piles and piles of loose stuff in their laundry room--waiting for recycling day--so that you can nicely arrange it for the driver (to prevent getting a green note)?

"Maybe you should offer to drive the bloody truck, too," Kia would've said.

Recycling director, Mr. Allen Langdon should be driving the truck.



2 comments:

  1. Why don't you just put out your bins every two weeks and avoid the large accumulation?

    The RDNO has nothing to do with the MMBC program. The RDNO is simply the geographic area served by Emterra, the MMBC contractor.

    I like the blue boxes. They work better than blue bags for my situation. I have no issue having to sort into two streams, nor do I have an issue with having to take plastic film, styrofoam and glass to a depot. I take those items with me when I return my refundable beverage containers.

    Styrofoam was never accepted in the old blue bag program. Glass hadn't been for a number of years.

    Get with the program. The rest of the province seems to be adapting.

    If you don't like it, throw your recycling in the garbage. There is no system that meets everyone's needs.

    Based on your posts, it doesn't appear that anything is done to your satisfaction. Maybe you should live somewhere else for a while to appreciate how good we have it here. I hear Flint, Michigan is nice. You really would have something to complain about with respect to water if you lived there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since your "sheeple" stance allows no opportunity for criticism, perhaps suggest the same to Mr. Kelvin McCulloch, CEO of Buckerfield's.

    http://northokanagandaily.blogspot.ca/2014/04/buck-them-buckerfields.html

    Mr. McCulloch is also not in your "situation", so I suppose his view doesn't count either.

    ReplyDelete

Share YOUR thoughts here...